Dr. Eli Lizorkin-Eyzenberg, Professor of Ancient Cultures at Israel Bible Center, is an expert Israeli scholar in Biblical Studies and early Christianity, with copious Jewish and Christian religious and secular education. In addition to his expertise in ancient languages (Biblical Hebrew, Koine Greek, Syriac, and Old Church Slavonic), Dr. Lizorkin-Eyzenberg is fluent in the modern languages of English, Russian, and Hebrew.
Dr. Eli Lizorkin-Eyzenberg has a great passion for building bridges of trust, respect, and understanding between Christians and Jews to overcome centuries of difficult but fully entwined history. He strongly believes that the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament has much to teach to both communities of faith, which he works to promote while residing in Israel with his wife and children.
Dr. Lizorkin-Eyzenberg has earned the following academic credentials, in addition to continuing his research through extended study:
- M.Div, Christian Theology: Reformed Theological Seminary (2000)
- M. Phil, Biblical Interpretation (2008)
- Ph.D., Ancient Cultures: Stellenbosch University (2011)
Extended doctoral and postdoctoral studies:
- University of Pennsylvania
- Leiden University
- Princeton Theological Seminary
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem